Saturday, April 25, 2009

God is Cool

Maybe God doesn't want be referred to as cool, I'm not sure. But - God is cool!

Short story - I'm not sure how to be cryptic and I maybe kind of need to be. . . don't know. I'm not good at just referring to "something" that's going on and talk around it. I kind of have to just say it. But what if my words mess up something? And as I write that, I realize how stupid that is. If something is going to happen or not going to happen, I think God probably is in control of the situation. I'm doing my best to let Him handle this one.

OK - fine. I'll say it. It makes the story better anyway. (I said this was short and I'm turning it into one of my novels.)

Nope - can't do it. I just wrote and erased a big paragraph because as I was writing, "I'm letting God handle this one and not doing any of my usual scheming and planning," I realized in a way I wasn't letting God be in charge. What if someone new was reading this and realized the writing sounded very familiar? You know? Not that anyone new is going to read, but you just never know.

OK - so I'm being cryptic. Ugh. I don't like being cryptic! OK - short version - I was thinking about something as I was getting into my car. The first song on my iPod was a song by Jeremy Camp. The first line of lyrics that I heard was, "I will trust in You." It just made me smile. God was just telling me to continue letting Him be in charge of it all.

It was cool.

But I don't like writing in circles. Just so you know. But I'm going to let God be in charge. :-)

2 comments:

Amy said...

God is cool!

Debbie said...

Great choice! It will come out better for us EVERY TIME we leave the oars in His hands and let Him drive the boat! You make me smile. Reading your posts stir my heart for Him. Thanks.