Monday, March 24, 2008

NOT Stagnant

My counselor got onto me about the Stagnant post a few days ago. What she said made sense. I keep talking down to myself, like there's something wrong with me because I'm not getting some fundamental truth at this moment. It's feeding right into my issue of not being worthy of things - not being good enough.

I am getting stuff. I am growing in my relationship with Christ. I am! Sometimes it's not moving as quickly as I think it should, but I'm going at the pace that God has me going. I'm in His hands on His timetable - not my own. It's not a race. It's a journey.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share that I'm not stagnant and I will do my best to quit complaining in that way.

But don't worry - - I'm sure I'll find other ways to complain. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be great to be able to put our progress on "cruise control" and not have to worry with becoming stagnant, or as I refer to it, bogged down. Like you, I find times when I think I should be making progress, and I'm not. That's when I should remember to wait on the Lord, be watchful, but wait. He will renew my strength on His timeline. Keep up the good fight, the victory will be your's, and His.