Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Control/Trust

I had dinner with 2 friends tonight. It refreshes my soul to be around godly women, especially after hearing so much from the world about how life is supposed to work itself out. What a difference! Matt made the comment last Sunday about how God's economy is flipped upside down to the world's economy. Everything God is opposite of everything in the world. Sometimes I think I can have it both ways. I somehow keep trying to make God's way fit with the world's way. It's not working out for me very well. It's helpful to put it all back in perspective again.

I mentioned not wanting to mess up whatever path God has me on now. I want to do things God's way and not my way. Luci mentioned a verse about "thwarting" so when I got home I looked it up. I found Job 42:2 "I know that You can do all things and that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted." What a great promise! God is in control. Nothing I do can mess up anything that God has planned. On the flip side, nothing I do can make things happen if they aren't God's plan. I found Isaiah 14:27 too. "For the Lord of hosts has purposed, and who will annul it? His hand is stretched out, and who will turn it back?" If I will simply trust Him.

Psalm 27:14 Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!

I obsess at times about taking Bible verses out of context. That's a good thing, in a way, but a bad thing too because sometimes I don't belive God's promises are really written for me. They were written for whoever long ago, but not to me. I found Habakkuk 2:3-4.
For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end - it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay. Behold his soul is puffed up; it is not upright within him, but the righteous shall live by his faith.
So I was thinking, whatever the vision is, it is going to happen at the time God wants it to happen. It may seem slow, but it's God's plan - He knows the best time for things to happen. And the guy's soul that is puffed up - he's a guy who thinks he knows what's best - full of pride - it's not going to work out for him. But the righteous one, the one who is trusting in God, the vision is going to work out for him somehow, when God is ready for it to work out. He's living by faith and is going to accept God's plan for his life.

Then I was thinking - what if I'm making all that up and that's not what Habakkuk meant at all? So I looked in the notes and was pleasently surprised. "While the phrase, 'his soul is puffed up' refers primarily to Babylon in this context, it could include anyone who is proud. It will take faith to wait patiently for God's plan to unfold, but the rigtheous believe that God will accomplish it."

Then I wondered if God's plan only refers to Christ and how He justifies and sanctifies us - you know The Big Picture. Can the plan/vision be something on a smaller scale such as what job to take or when to start a family or any other desire of your heart? See, sometimes, (oh who am I kidding?) often times, I want to make God the God of the big things in life. Surely He can't be concerned with the little things. That's me sticking God up on the top of the mountain. He's got whole galaxies to keep spinning. I forget to make Him the God of all things, big and small. So maybe the plan/vision that Habakkuk is referring to could be some of the smaller scale items.

I think I'm rambling and not sure if any of it is making sense. I'm just saying that I want to be one of the righteous who will wait patiently for God's plan to unfold - whatever that plan is, if it's God's plan, then it is just right for me.

8 comments:

Christy said...

I love this post!

Lance said...

Interesting. I waited on God for a LONG time for several things to happen. Heck, for ANYTHING to happen. That waiting has ended probably forever but I miss that kind of faith that I had. You are in a pretty good place if YOU have it.

Movers and Packers Online said...

Nice post

packers and movers in bangalore
packers and movers in delhi
packers and movers in hyderabad
packers and movers in mumbai
packers and movers in chennai

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Intriguing. I attended to God for quite a while for a few things to happen. Hell, for anything to happen. That holding up has finished most likely APA And Academic Writing perpetually yet I miss that sort of confidence that I had. You are in a really decent place on the off chance that you have it. These exercises are performed on an action tangle or by using exceptional resistance equipment that underlines spring resistance.

Yang Kuo said...

Interesting. I waited on God for a LONG time for several things to happen. Heck, for ANYTHING to happen. That waiting has ended probably forever but I miss that kind of faith that I had.



แคมฟรอก

Mifimpresif said...

https://wwwfootballnewsflash.blogspot.sg/?m=0

pg slot said...

สล็อต ทางเข้าเล่นที่ดี เว็บออนไลน์ วอเลท เกม pg slot ออนไลน์ยอดฮิตมากที่สุดในขณะนี้ เว็บ pg มาพร้อมเกมส์ออนไลน์ PG SLOT เกมที่มีให้เลือกเล่นมากกว่า 100 เกมให้เลือกเล่น