Saturday, September 16, 2006

A Dusty Mirror

Sometimes I forget how much God loves me. No, that's not totally true. Sometimes I think I can do my life better than God can. Those of you who know me, know that a lot of things have changed in my life in the last 3 years. Sometimes I feel so close to God and other times I don't know where He is. I never really let people know when I've lost God. Isn't that a funny image? Can't you just see me looking under pillows and in the car and under the bed - just looking to see where God could have run off to. And God - He's always right there - waiting for me to turn around and look at Him. I put my happy mask on so the world can see that Erin is fine. She's such a strong and courageous woman. Way to go, Erin. Yeah, right. A friend pointed out something C. S. Lewis wrote that really got me thinking. Our lives are like mirrors to reflect God's love. Is my mirror so dusty that His love can't reflect at all? Why do I let that happen? The purpose of this blog is to help me do a better job at reflecting God's love. Not like a confessional - I'm not going to share all my failures. I just want to write down things that help me keep my mirror clean.

Let me know what you think.

No comments: