Sunday, October 29, 2006

A New Church

I am going to join The Village. This is how I know God approves of my plan:

I was filling out the visitor card and was writing on the back how I feel lost at Prestonwood. They started doing some baptisms, so I stopped writing. But I wanted to write how I just wanted a home. I wanted to belong. I wanted to serve at a place where people know me.

After the baptisms, the pastor - Matt Chandler - asked for all the members to stand up. Then, as a congregation, they welcomed the new members HOME. He went on and on about how this church is their home and he is so glad they are there.

To me, this was God's way of saying, "Here is your new home Erin. Dig down, put your roots here and I will be with you."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great church!