Monday, October 09, 2006

What Does God Think of You Right Now?

I finally visited The Village. I've been feeling that Prestonwood is just getting too big. I liked The Village - I really felt God there. (I felt kind of old too - lots of 20 somethings.) The pastor asked at one point how we think God feels about us at this very minute. My mind went immediately to all the things I've done wrong lately; how I've failed Him. I thought also that maybe He was somewhat pleased at how hard I was trying to stay on His path. The pastor's point was that, because of Christ, what God feels every minute of every day for eternity is LOVE for us.

I asked my friend Jeff what he thought. What he wrote touched my heart:

I think God sees so much more of me than I know about myself. In fact, He sees everything I know about myself, and everything I do not. He sees everything I've forgotten about myself. He sees everything that I will do, but had no idea I could or would. He knows the little kid me, the current man me, the old feeble running out of days on this planet me, and the me that He's welcoming into eternity. So, I really don't know what He thinks of me, other than He loves me, and wants me to keep on moving and reaching for Him. Overall, I think He has more mercy for us than we have for ourselves. He knows how far along the path to Him we should be, and He knows how to handle us when we veer off course. We think we know when we're on the right track, but we are so limited, and distractable, blind. I'm just glad He's there, calling out to me, so I can at least attempt to move in His direction. I know He will make sure I'm OK. At least, I believe that He will (I hope). Otherwise all is lost.

Romans 8:15
For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by Him we cry, "Abba, Father."

Abba Father, help us to remember how You love us.

Romans 8:35, 38-39
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No comments: