Thursday, February 22, 2007

Happy Face

Warning: pity party ahead. Proceed with caution.

I think if you asked around, people would describe me as a happy person.

Not so much - not right now.

No one even knows. I'm so good at putting on my happy face. But what's underneath? And who really cares? Happy Erin is liked, I think. What about screwed up Erin? What about the Erin who just wants to sit in a corner and cry? What about the Erin who can't do it all? What about the Erin who is so sick of doing it all alone? I should be able to do it all. I should be able to deal with being alone. This is my life - I get the privilege of doing everything. Suck it up and deal with it. I'm not a big fan of this Erin. What would other people think? Hence, the happy face goes on when other people are around.

(Again - just venting out loud. Don't need your happy words. I love ya, but I don't want them.)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Are you sure that I'm not writing this blog instead of you?!? I think we all put on that happy face from time to time. Don't worry about it. Nobody's life is as perfect as it appears from the outside looking in.