Tuesday, October 23, 2007

God Laughs

Elyssa and I started watching Evan Almighty tonight. It's really good! The greatest part so far is when Morgan Freeman (playing God) tells Evan to build an Ark. Evan tells God that building an ark wasn't really in his plans. He had other things to do. God just laughs hysterically.

Can't you just picture Him laughing when we tell Him our most important plans?

My focus is supposed to be on surrender. Who knew that Evan Almighty would remind me of that?

It also reminded me that God does what He does because He loves me. Evan asks why God is doing all this to Him. God says immediately, "Because I love you."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With God, it's never what He's doing TO us, it's what He's doing FOR us. Often we can't tell the difference. But the difference is if something is done TO us, it's usually Satan, but never God.