Monday, October 22, 2007

Surrender

So I have value issues. I don't think I'm valuable. I was reminded today that I have to surrender it to God. Surrender. I've never once thought about surrendering that to God. Not once have I prayed about my own value issues. Never.

I'm sure it's because I have never thought I was valuable enough to pray about it.

Such pride - the opposite of what we usually think of as pride, but it sure as heck is. Wow. And Satan's used that to keep me down. You don't like the road you're on? Get off that road. Ugh. Why stay on the sucky road?

I'm supposed to really think and reflect and write about surrendering my crap to Him this week. Letting go of the clenched fist. Trusting that He is enough.

Digging into the crap in your heart is not fun or easy. It's good, but hard. More to come.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your comments about these things being "hard" brings to my memory words my grandfather used when he heard me describe anything as being "hard." He said, "If it were easy, any fool could do it, it isn't, and they won't." Another thing to remember when things are "hard," we are not called to an easy chair, but a cross, to sacrifice. And finally, remember, you are soooo valuable to God that He sent Jesus to pay a very high price to redeem you and buy you back. You're valuable to Him, enough said!

Magen said...

Hi, Erin! Thanks for reading my stuff...I have enjoyed going through some of your posts as well. You have a refreshing transparency and it seems as though you are being refined into a woman who is more like Jesus. Be encouraged and take confidence in who He says you are.

Hebrews 4:16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

He knows all the longings of your heart and beckons you to step out in confidence into what He has planned for your life.

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

mwr is giving you excellent advice.
She is wise and appears to be a good friend and confidant. By the way I left the "anonymous" comment,
not to be anonymous, but because I forgot to include my name. Stay on track and hold on tight to Him.

Erin said...

funny - I've never met Magen before. Sisters in Christ - that's all we are. I found her blog through my pastor's wife's blog.