Monday, July 02, 2007

Dating Stinks

Is it normal for someone to ask you out and you not hear from them for a week? I hate dating! I'm pretty sure I'm going to tell the guy (if I ever hear from him again) that I don't want to go out any more. He obviously doesn't want to very much or I'd be hearing from him, right? It's been over a week! I'm not a sucker who will just go out with someone who isn't showing much interest. And no, I haven't tried contacting him. I don't call or IM men. It's their job to pursue me. I'll send an email - but not even very many of those.

Come on guys! Step up to the plate and be a man! Ask her out, but only if you like her. Let her know somehow. Sheesh! Email her. Text her. IM her. Do something!

I'm trying really hard to not go down the "what's wrong with me" slippery slope, although I'm very close to the edge. I'm teetering on the edge. And it's very very slippery.

I'm going to the movies with a girlfriend. At least I know Rachel loves me.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I do love you Erin!!!! There is nothing wrong with you at all! Jump back up on level ground.

Amy said...

I love you, too, and I've never even met you!!!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. I won't make excuses for the guy, but maybe there is a reason he hasn't called that has nothing to do with you and everything to do with him. Try not to obsess (Yes, do as I say, not as I do) over it and go out with your friends and have a good time.

What movie did you see?

Anonymous said...

Agreed - its HIM and you can't internalize or hold yourself responsible for the way a guy acts. Treat this as an indication of what you don't want (because it won't change if its "who he is") and move on. There is only going to be ONE perfect fit, so there are going to be many tater-tots before you find your Darthtater!

Erin said...

We saw Die Hard and it was AWESOME! You just can't beat John McClain.

Christy - you crack me up with the tatertots and Darth Tater. You're awesome!

Anonymous said...

We saw Ratatouille tonight... I loved it. Trae said he would have liked it to be funnier, but I thought it was really cute. Die Hard is next on our list!

Oh, and yes, you can only imagine the number of times I crack myself up and the response is -- crickets --

I'm glad you enjoyed it.