Friday, August 10, 2007

I Asked For It

Yeah, fine. Whatever.

I finally prayed about it last night. I said, "God - You are going to have to do something drastic because I don't want to stop liking him."

This morning, my friend tells me that he is taking a job with his company where he will go out of the country for two months.

I don't want to hear any crap about "it's for the best" or anything like that. It just goes to prove the God doesn't want me to have any fun. (OK - I don't really mean that, but it's how I feel right now.)

This stinks. And I feel stupid for being upset at all. It was one freakin' date!

Can I say it one more time - I HATE DATING!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Well, He did exactly what you asked...something drastic...like moving him out of the country for two months.

Wow! Don't you wish that God answered all of your prayers so quickly and so clearly? You should thank Him for that really fast response time, Hon!

I know you want me to commisserate with you, but I'm a little jealous. I wish I got quicker answers sometimes. Even a quick "No" is better than a really slow, agonizing, "No". Know what I mean?!?

Erin said...

i assume that as soon as my pity party is over, I might feel the same way. everyone is saying - wow - God is amazing. I'm not there just yet. all i see is me not getting what i want, again.

all i've got right now is tears for me.