Thursday, August 02, 2007

I'm Not That Girl

I'm not sure what the deal is with me. Maybe I'm just tired. Maybe I'm getting sick. Maybe I'm just foolish. I've got too much stupid stuff in my head. This song made me cry tonight. Blech.



I'm Not That Girl

Wicked Soundtrack

Hands touch, eyes meet
Sudden silence, sudden heat
Hearts leap in a giddy whirl
He could be that boy
But I'm not that girl

Don't dream too far
Don't lose sight of who you are
Don't remember that rush of joy
He could be that boy
I'm not that girl

Ev'ry so often we long to steal
To the land of what-might-have-been
But that doesn't soften the ache we feel
When reality sets back in

Blithe smile, lithe limb
She who's winsome, she wins him
Gold hair with a gentle curl
That's the girl he chose
And Heaven knows
I'm not that girl

Don't wish, don't start
Wishing only wounds the heart
I wasn't born for the rose and the pearl
There's a girl I know
He loves her so
I'm not that girl.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, this song is not one of my favorites... =)
I feel like pooh that we didn't get the chance to talk about any of this while you were here... I'm sorry for that.

Erin said...

It's one of my favorites. Maybe only because she ends up being that girl and perfect Glinda isn't. You know? Maybe there is hope?

Plus - Defying Gravity is pretty cool.

I just keep having dreams that I shouldn't be having. My mind is full of what it should not be full of. My thoughts are continuously on what it should not be on. You know? It brings a girl down.

I'm so far from God right now.

I'm sorry we didn't get much deep conversation either. But it's hard to do with a kid around. Maybe next time, it'll just be me. :-)

Anonymous said...

"Wonderful" is my favorite at the moment - how is that for deep?? =)
I SO know what you mean - your human person battling with the Saint God made you... the classic struggle of good versus evil... sounds like Star Wars... holy crap, Erin, you're a freakin' Star Wars movie!! I'm kidding and I'm not taking it lightly - I truly understand your struggle and it is SO HARD.

Keep hanging in there - loving yourself and forgiving yourself and clinging to God.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and Defy Gravity is the BEST... Trae absolutely LOVES that one. He also likes "Thank Goodness" and its irony.

Erin said...

I love being a Star Wars movie! That's the best thing I've heard all day!