Friday, August 24, 2007

Smart Friends

I have the best friends. One of my friends wrote me the greatest thing today and I wanted to share it. I've changed some names to protect the innocent.
it's not the guy you like at all. and as for that, i think you are better off this way. i love the guy you like and i still think he's a good guy, but just not the guy for you. i watched a video thing the other night at church and it made me think of our similar desires~marriage and baby. the guy that spoke created veggie tales. he talked about how he created this multi- million dollar company and thought he was doing good because it was all for God (teaching about Christ etc). well, he ended up going bankrupt after a series of events. all the while he was wondering why God wasn't stepping in to save him. after all, he was working to bring people to God. Anyway, his point at the end was that he had let his dream of creating this huge company with all it's productions become more important to him than God. Even though the whole purpose behind his company's goal was to teach about Christ, he had let the dream become more important. he put his relationship with God on the back burner. he said anything we are unwilling to let go of is an idol that we are choosing to worship instead of focusing on HIM. This part hit me really hard~~~~~ Give it all to God. Remain faithful to Him and realize (no matter how crappy or painful..this is my addition) that He may or may not realize your dream but that's ok because you have God. God didn't realize your dream with the guy you liked because He knew it wasn't right for you. He knows your desires and He will fulfill them. I hold that truth close to my heart. I know one day you will be find Mr. Right and one day I will have another child. It may not be the person or the path that WE would have chosen, but what do we know, right?!!
My pastor talks about how we hold some things tightly in our hands and that's making it an idol. I've got to learn to unclench my fist.

2 comments:

Amy said...

At the Women of Faith Conference this weekend, one of the most profound statements said was, "Shut up and Let Go!"

Thought you'd like it. I might have to write it down and post it on my make-up mirror. :o)

Erin said...

I love it.

I'm not doing well with releasing my fist. Or I'm just being super tested every 10 minutes. {sigh} I've got to stop trying to do it myself! I need to pray more.

Ugh!