Saturday, May 19, 2007

Math Competition

I am the greatest math teacher of all time!

No - I'm kidding. BUT - my awesome 3rd graders did fantastic at the annual math competition. My problem solving team of 4 girls came in first place! (See - girls are good at math!) I had 4 in the individual test part and they took 5th, 4th, 2nd and 1st! They was competing against maybe 10 schools. And our scores were high enough that my 3rd graders took first place overall in the whole district! The 4th and 5th graders took first as well, which meant for the third year in a row - our school won first place in the whole district!

I used to think math competition was stupid. I mean - how on earth can you get excited about math? Sports is the only way to really get excited. But as I was sitting there, listening to them call off names - especially with the problem solving team - wow! Pounding heart! They start with 5th place and they kept not saying our school. I was so nervous. When they called out our school - I stood up and shrieked! It was a great feeling. So funny!

Yea us!

2 comments:

Amy said...

That's wonderful! Congratulations to you! And please congratulate those kiddos for me.

Carlotta said...

Awesome! Congratulations to you and the kids too. I can tell how much those kids mean to you. They are very lucky to have a teacher that cares so much and is so involved in their successes!