Tuesday, May 29, 2007

My Story

It's funny how and when God decides to teach you something. I was watching a movie called Love's Enduring Promise. It's based on some great books by Janette Oak that I read as a kid.

Just remember that God has written His own story for you. And it's not the feelings of your heart that it should be based upon, but rather the thoughts of your heart that you need to hear. That inner voice that tells you that this man will care for you no matter what, that he'll still want to kiss you when you're old and gray, tend to you when you're sick, honor you. . . .

God has written my story. Do I really want to rush through and miss the details and know how the whole thing will turn out? I don't do that when I'm reading - it ruins everything! (Although, if I just have to know if someone is still alive at the end of the book, I'll look ahead for names. But that's it. I promise.)

God has written my story. He's the greatest Author of all time. I need to enjoy the plot - good and bad - happy and lonely. Because it's my story. He has written it for me. (And yes - He does write with the greatest pencil of all times - the Dixon Ticonderoga!)

No comments: