Sunday, May 13, 2007

Sunday Night Rambling

Why is it that I can't write anymore? May is half over and I have only posted 2 things. A couple of people have asked me what my problem is - they get disappointed when they check every day and there's nothing new to see. I don't know. I jokingly wrote that maybe I can only write when I'm in agony over something. I'm not in agony over anything - and that's a good thing.

Maybe it's just end of the year stuff. There is so much going on - sometimes I think I'm losing my mind. A perfect example of this is one day last week I forgot to shut my garage door when we left for school. It's a partially converted garage - it has a sliding glass door. My dog stays in there - we put a doggy door from there to the outside. I wonder how long he stayed in the garage? My parents live down the street. When they left for work, who should come walking up but Hobbes. He hopped in their car and they drove him back home. What if he hadn't gone down there? I would have lost my dog!

We teachers are just done. These last few weeks of school is more like crowd control than teaching. You know those teachers who complain about not getting paid enough? You will rarely hear me complain about that. The time off we get is so much more important than the money! I can't wait until May 28th. I'll have about 11 weeks off! Heaven.

My daughter's glue bottle is sitting in front of me. Is the cow named Elmer? Cows are girls. But Elmer? Anyway - this cow has large . . . um . . . big . . . um - let's just say she's well endowed. Is that right? A cow with large female parts? It's not cow parts I'm talking about. A picture would be better. Let me see if it will scan. Is that weird or is it just me? If its a boy (it is named Elmer) maybe he's just a buff cow - bull. It's got horns, maybe it is a boy cow. A buff Bull. Or maybe he needs a manzier (anyone watch Seinfeld?)

I think it's time for bed. Maybe it's better if I don't write when I don't have much to say. I need something exciting to happen. Hmmmm. I have a few suggestions, but I'm trying to be patient. I'd be more specific, but . . . well . . . people do read this - you know.

Oh - I just remebered another picture I wanted to put on here. (See where all the exciting talk got me thinking?) I've said before that kissing is my favorite thing to do and it's been waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long since. . . oh forget it. You know what I mean. (Will I ever get to kiss someone again? I'm just asking. Sigh.) ANYWAY - my daughter drew this. It's from a picture book she read Catalina Magdelena Hoopeinsteiner Wallendiner Hogan Bogan Logan Was Her Name. Isn't it hilarious?

Star Wars Day is coming! May 22nd. I'm going to be Princess Leia. I think partly because someone was supposed to be bringing a life size R2D2, but that didn't work out. The friend of a friend had to sell the R2 to someone who needed a spare. A spare R2D2 - something everyone needs around the house. I want just one! I bought a Queen Amidala costume - but it stinks! So my mom is going to make me a Princess Leia one. I'm going tomorrow to buy some fake hair things to add to my pigtails so I'll have the proper buns on the side of my head. Elyssa drew a picture of Leia for me today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this blog - too funny. Have you wondered if maybe you're getting a point where you don't need it as a therapudic outlet anymore? Maybe your stronger and feeling better and just don't need it for what you did at one point? I only ask because I found that when I was depressed I journaled (?) almost daily, but when I started feeling better and stonger and felt more like it was just between me and God... I stopped writing so much... just a thought! Love you Erin!!

Amy said...

GREAT blog!
You're right...the bull is very well endowed.
Love the picture of the kissing. It makes me miss it, too. You're not alone on this.
As for the R2 thing. Why?

Erin said...

Amy - Why what? (about the R2D2 thing)

Christy - I think you nailed it. I know I'm praying more than I have in the past - God's taking up that heart-space/time better than I imagined.

Amy said...

Why would you (or anybody) want an R2D2? Isn't that the funny looking robot thingy?

Erin said...

First of all - he's not funny looking! He's the cute astro-tech droid who is blue and white. He's C3PO's best friend. Secondly - who wouldn't want a life size R2D2 in their home?

Oh - maybe I'm the weird one? Nah - it can't be me!