Thursday, June 26, 2008

God at the Beach

Part 1
Elyssa and I are standing in the ocean looking out to the horizon. It's all blues and grays. There are some white puffy clouds in the sky and you can see for miles! I put my arm around her and say, "Look at how big that ocean is."

"Yeah, it's big Mommy."

"Look how small we are compared to that ocean."

"We're tiny!"

"Think about how big our God is who was able to create all of this!"

"Wow."

Silence.



Part 2
We're walking along the water, just looking at shells. There are a lot of dead crabs and we're wondering why there are so many. We see lots of little shells and some that look like snails - really long, skinny snails. There are millions of sand dollars. They are everywhere. But they are all broken pieces. I've never found a whole sand dollar before. I love the sand dollar - I love the legend of the sand dollar. I say a little prayer, "God - I'd love to find a whole sand dollar sometime."

We walk far down the beach and then we start back. We've picked up a few things - a couple of pretty shells, a few large broken sand dollars. Then I look down. Right there at my feet is a perfectly whole sand dollar. It's about the size of a quarter. Amazing.

"Elyssa! Look!"

"Wow, Mommy! It's not broken!"

"Elyssa, did you know this is God telling us He loves us?"

"How?"

"Whenever God puts something in our path that we love, He is putting it there on purpose just for us. I prayed awhile ago that we'd find a sand dollar, and look how He put one here for us! It's like God is saying, "I love you Erin and Elyssa. Look at what I made for you. Know that I love you."

"Wow."

Silence.

4 comments:

Carlotta said...

Wow. Beautiful.

Amy said...

Very cool!

Anonymous said...

God is sooooo good!

Anonymous said...

It's amazing to me how we can go for months and months and not see God's miracles until we take the time to stop and look for them!

Thanks for sharing! Welcome home!