Saturday, January 19, 2008

Reminders

How is it that God knows exactly what someone needs to be reminded of? How is it that the three things I read on someone's blog are exactly what I struggle with? When am I going to stop being surprised by God? And when am I going to trust Him?

I'm pasting her stuff here. I don't know her except that she goes to my church. I'm bored and lonely and was just blog stalking and God uses it to remind me how much I need Him. Why can't I just take His hand and leap? What am I waiting for?

1) I have two tanks inside of me, one is the flesh and one is the spirit. I am not how I feel, so when I don't feel like doing things or acting a certain way that I know the Lord wants me to act then all I have to do is take some of the spirit from the other tank and God will give me the strength to be obedient...even in small things . . . .

2) I am not who people tell me I am, or who the enemy tells me I am. I am a daughter of the King and he loves me no matter what I do or how I react. I don't have to believe the lies, only the truth. I just have to learn how to discern between the two.

3) I am free and I have chosen not to walk in that freedom. The Lord has given me freedom, but I have not accepted it yet. I want to accept it, but I don't think I know how to fully walk in it right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Again, the "best" cure for boredom is to busy yourself by loving someone else.