Sunday, December 17, 2006

Jesus, Savior Pilot Me

Do you remember the cool song I mentioned in my previous post? I emailed the music minister last night and he emailed me the lyrics last night. Awesome to be in a church where people actually respond quickly. :-)

Here's the lyrics:
Jesus Savior pilot me over life's tempestuous seas.
Unknown waves before me roll,
Hiding rock and treacherous shoal.

Chart and compass come from Thee. Jesus Savior pilot me.

As a mother stills her child,
You can calm the oceans wild.
Boisterous waves obey Your will,
When You say to them, "Be still."

Wondrous sovereign of the sea. Jesus Savior pilot me.

When at last I near the shore
and the fearful breakers roar,
Grant me long and peaceful rest
Then while leaning on Your chest.

May I hear You say to me, "Fear not, I will pilot thee."

written by Edward Hopper

3 comments:

Rachel said...

As I sat in church tonight and sang this song and cried. I thought how desperately I want God to pilot me. Why do I continually try to grab hold of the controls? Why do I have such a hard time letting go of them?
That is a great song thanks for sharing the lyrics!

Erin said...

Thanks for sharing Rachel. We'll help each other to remember to let God run it all.

Hey - I had fun working in the parking lot today. It was me and 6 guys - 3 of them in their 50s and 3 of them in their teens. :-)

Amy said...

What a great song! Thanks for sharing!