Saturday, September 29, 2007

Answered Prayer

I'm a little embarrassed about this, but I'll go ahead and share because it just shows how awesome God is. The dude on myspace wanted to meet. I asked him to meet me at the movies tonight at 9:35. (I know! I know! I shouldn't meet random strangers at the movies. But I'm bored. And lonely. And wanted to go to the movies anyway!)

I decided after setting it all up that I didn't really want to do this. So I asked God to take care of it. I said something like, "God. I know I messed up. I know this is a bad idea. If You can please forgive my stupidness and take care of this situation, I would be very grateful. I don't know how You can fix it since I'm the one who kind of set it up. (Can you believe I said that? He is God, isn't He?) I'm the one who made the bad choice. I'm the one who initiated the where and when. I don't want to be rude and just back down. I know that's my people-pleasing issue. But God can you just take care of it somehow?"

The guy IMs me at around 8:00. I was getting dressed to go meet him because, in my stupidness, I didn't want to be rude. (I am a MESS!) He tells me he's not that into Jodi Foster. He never offers a different movie or a different anything else. Actually he kind of picks a fight with me over IM. I'm pretty amazed because - um - we don't know each other well enough to fight. So I tell him pretty much that I'm not the girl for him and it would be better for him to find someone else. So not only does God fix the situation tonight - He ends the whole thing! I deleted the jerk from my friend list on myspace. And I let him have it on IM that I was not going to be a doormat and I was not going to be blamed for how everyone else has treated him. And that if he didn't get his bitterness taken care of, it was going to eat him from the inside out. (Which made me think of Bleeker's song "Inside Out.")

I was yet again, trying to take the control back from God. And He, yet again, saves me from myself. Why is He so good to me over and over and over?

I want a boyfriend who becomes a husband. But this little episode again shows me that I really want it God's way. My way never works for me. My way stinks every single time. I'm glad I'm learning, but I wish I'd just get it learned already.

No comments: