Wednesday, September 19, 2007

He's Listening

Funny how God works. My rant yesterday (about being trapped by negative feelings) was answered today. A friend (thanks Lisa) sent me an email newsletter she got and this was the beginning:
Become a Strong Woman Who Rises to Fight
Whitney Hopler

Editor's Note: The following is a report on the practical applications of Holly Wagner's new book, Warrior Chicks, (Regal, 2007).

Life is full of crises that can defeat you if you go through them passively. But no matter what type of crisis comes your way -- a scary medical diagnosis, an unexpected financial burden, a painful broken relationship -- you can emerge victorious if you rise to fight.

Here's how you can become a warrior who taps into the power to overcome anything:

Believe that you're beautiful. Combat the lie that the culture often perpetuates -- that you're not beautiful enough and must constantly work to hide your flaws. Embrace the truth that you're beautiful just as you are, because God made you that way on purpose. Ask God to help you see yourself as He sees you. Instead of comparing yourself to others, be grateful for your uniquely beautiful features. Live in the confidence of God's love for you.

Now does this mean I am magically fixed? Of course not. But if I start praying to see myself as God sees me, maybe I'll be stepping in the right direction. It's just so hard! We're slammed by the media with the ideal visual and I'm not there. I'll never be there. Ever. So in the world's eyes - I'm not ideal. I just have to not care about the world, which is much easier said than done.

No comments: