Thursday, September 13, 2007

More Proof

It's just so sad. It's such a true statement of our worldly world.

I was reading people.com today at lunch, as I do every day. (Don't judge me!) I came across an article that described Pamela Anderson's take on the fight between her two ex's at the VMAs - Kid Rock and Tommy Lee. Blah, blah, blah, who cares. But one sentence popped out. She was on Ellen DeGeneres recently and Ellen asked her if she was involved with anyone now.

"I paid off a poker debt with sexual favors, and I fell in love," Anderson told DeGeneres. "It's so romantic. It's romance."

She paid off a poker debt with sex and it was romantic? I'm confused. I'm so very confused.

It's just more proof to me that I want none of that. I want to wait. I think, after my most recent escapade, that kissing will most likely be off limits for quite a while. I want it God's way. I won't settle for anything less. He is enthralled with my beauty and I will honor Him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you have EVER thought in a MILLION years that God would use Pamela Anderson's sex life to teach you something about Him that would draw you closer to Him and drive you to recommit your physical self to Him? I love it, its awesome and I smiled when I read that you don't want it and you're sticking to your guns! God is so awesome and works in SUCH mysterious ways!

Amy said...

Great decision! I support you all the way.

As for Pamela...GROSS!!!

Erin said...

I too thought it funny that God could use Pam Anderson's sex life to teach me something. Honestly, He did it again today. Reading people.com again (I said don't judge me!) and Stuart Townsend and Charlize Theron said they were husband and wife and didn't need to do it in front of the government or the church to prove it to anyone. They don't need a piece of paper. It's just sad how our world works. I got the same thing from my ex's wife when I was still married. She said I was just holding on to the piece of paper - it didn't mean anything. The piece of paper stands for something - at least it does to me.

Anonymous said...

I have to call myself out as a people.com junkie, too - I don't know what it is, but I like the website. And, I don't understand the "piece of paper" thing either, but the paper isn't the point - it's the vow, the promise, the commitment, the joining of two souls into one by the power of God... belittiling the vows of marriage by reducing them to "a piece of paper" just shows total disrespect for and misundertanding of what marriage is... I wouldn't expect Hollywood to understand... but I agree with you...