Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Excited

I really came back to God after my divorce. I joined a big church and loved it. I joined a class that a friend was in - it was a married class, but that was OK. I pretty much just sat back for the last three years and soaked in everything I could. Maybe that's just what I needed. Maybe I was so empty that I didn't have anything to give. I had to be filled first.

Lately, I've had a yearning to be involved. So listen to all of this! I am now officially part of the B Team to work the parking lot a few times a month. I emailed a lady about working in the nursery with the babies. (I told them that I could not do any children that were walking and talking. I have too much of that during the week.) I registered for the new member's class. I actually went to a Single's thing last Saturday night! (It was easy though - no mingling - no small talk.) I'm going to my first home group this Saturday night. And I emailed a lady about mentoring. I saw a sign in the lobby and thought that my heartache could probably help some other woman who is going through the same thing. The head of the women's ministry said I sounded like I'd be a great mentor and as soon as I got through the new member's class, I should sign up.

Hopefully I won't be sitting around worrying about myself (and other things) so much anymore.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow you are such an encouragement to me in your desires to serve more and more. It is so evident how God is working in your life. I can not wait to hear and see all that God is going to do as you take these steps of faith to serve Him.

Amy said...

That's awesome. There is a time where we need to step back and be fed and filled. Then it comes the time for us to step up and get out there and serve and fill and feed others. So glad you see the circle and keep it going!

I co-lead a single parent small group study in Grand Prairie. If you are ever interested in popping over for a visit, you are more than welcome. I know it is quite a drive to get too involved, but the invitation stands.

Erin said...

Thanks for the invite Amy. That's sweet of you.

My home group(I call it mine, but I haven't been yet)is also a single mom group. Maybe we can chat sometime about some of the stuff you guys have studied? Let me meet my group first. :-)

I felt guilty for a long time about not helping more. It's just a recent revelation that it's probably because I was so empty. How could I help when I had nothing in me to give?

It's funny - it's now been 3 years since my divorce was final and I'm realizing that I feel really normal again. I wasn't sure that would ever happen.