Sunday, January 28, 2007

He Is Out There

God told me something today. No, I'm not crazy - He really did.

First of all - I am on fire right now. I met my home group last night and I worked the parking lot at my church today. I loved it! And the best part was that two people that I knew said, "Hey Erin!" when they saw me. People know my name. Me. Erin. And they were happy to see me. That's such a cool feeling. I don't know if I could be happier - I'm almost giddy.

Recently I wrote the "wish list" that every single girl makes about her dream man. You know you've done it too. This is what I wrote: "Is there a strong Christian guy out there who loves Star Wars and science fiction, but isn't a total nerd, likes to read & watch movies, loves kids, can sing & make me laugh and thinks I'm beautiful?" The only things I would add to that are that I prefer tall, dark haired guys.

There are six guys or so on my parking team. They were all super sweet - one (Jake) hugged me when I got there. Since we work both services, we have about an hour to kill between them. Phil took Jake and me to breakfast. You know how I hate going places where I don't know people? I had no fear today. During the meal I learned a lot about Jake. Now, don't jump to conclusions here - he's a baby. He must be about 20. Nothing is going to happen between he and I - that's not my point. But all these details came to me as I was driving home. He's got dark hair and he's tall. He loves to read - he's a Lit major at UNT and wants to teach High School English. He really enjoys reading the classics. He's taking a course on T.S. Elliot and Keats right now. Then he confessed that he loved science fiction and fantasy. I confessed my love of Star Wars - told him I was the queen of dorkville. He's actually read all the Expanded Universe books! I don't know if I've ever met anyone in person who has read the EU. (Please remember when I wrote about putting all my books in chronological order.) Then he wanted me to recognize some music group, so he started singing. He's got a beautiful voice. He was also cracking me up the whole day - he's silly and sliding around on some of the ice out there. We prayed before we ate. Jake grabbed hands around the table.

What did God tell me today? He told me that the guy I want does exist. He is out there. There are strong, dark-haired, tall Christian men who love science fiction and Star Wars, but are not total nerds, who love to sing and read and can make me laugh. I met one today. This one is not for me, but mine is out there. I believe it better today than I ever have before.

God ~ thanks for the message. I hear You and I love You.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN, sister!
I have goosebumps!
I love you!
CLH

Amy said...

I am so glad that God showed you that glimmer of hope today! He knows when we need it most, doesn't he? BTW, I could have told you that he is out there. You are too sweet to not find your prince someday!