Sunday, January 28, 2007

He Is Out There (Part 2)

If you'll notice from my previous post, the only thing Jake didn't show me, out of my entire list, was a love of children. I knew that was missing and thought it was not a big deal. Not a big deal in the fact that my guy will love kids - God just didn't show me that part today. I have no idea if Jake likes kids or not - that's not the point.

I worked the nursery tonight. Josh is kind of "in charge" for the 7:00 service. Josh is tall and has dark hair. I don't know how old he is - again, he's not my point. We didn't get any babies in the nursery so we were sitting around chatting. Josh was talking about some music and started to sing - he's got a great voice. He left to go do his duties. A mom showed up with her little boy, Israel. Israel did NOT want to be at church. He was probably one & a half or so. He was screaming and crying. Amy and I tried everything to get him happy again. Josh showed up. Israel quieted down some, but still wasn't really happy. Josh said, "Let me have him." I handed Israel over and the baby stopped crying. Josh cuddled and loved on that baby. Israel snuggled down for the evening. Josh said he'd just hold him for the rest of the service - he didn't want the mom to have to miss out.

God ~ You showed me every single thing on my list. You wanted to be sure that I knew without a doubt that there are strong Christian men out there who love children. You didn't want that left out of my lesson today. I thank You from the bottom of my heart. May I continue to see the things You do for me. May I continue to see Your love all around me. Open my heart so that I will be ready to feel Your love.

2 comments:

Carlotta said...

Isn't it beautiful how God gently reveals Himself and the things he wants us to know? There ARE wonderful Godly, Christian men out there that adore children...I know a few of them personally!

Anonymous said...

You sound better, and that makes me smile. I'm glad your church family is taking care of your heart and spirit.