Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Two Lists

I'm sure I'll have to add to these as I continue to think about it:

My goal for 2007 is that people will look at me and say to themselves, "There's a girl who loves Christ."

What stirs my affections for Jesus?
  • songs
  • listening to good/real/applicable sermons
  • Max Lucado books
  • writing for my blog or in my journal
  • talking to friends about spiritual issues
  • an ah-ha when reading George MacDonald & CS Lewis
  • reading the Bible for a purpose
  • helping others with things that seem trivial to me, but are huge to them
  • having one of those prayers where I'm really pouring my heart out and crying and can just feel God listening to me (no matter how hard I'm hurting, I feel His peace)
What robs me of those affections and/or changes my focus?
  • lots of kissing in movies (I really miss kissing.)
  • focusing on my loneliness
  • getting behind at school
  • a messy house

No comments: