Sunday, March 25, 2007

Be Still

God seems to direct me to this passage over and over. I was looking through Psalms for something else and found it again. Psalm 37. Usually it's verse 4 that I stop on:
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.
But today it was the first half of verse 7:
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him. . . .
How often do we try to help God out? How often do we think we can do it better? How often do we think we know best? How crazy is that?
Romans 11:33-36
Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God. How unsearchable His judgments, and His paths beyond tracing out! Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been His counselor? Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him? For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen.
Abba Father ~ I still love You. I trust that You have the perfect plan for me. I ask for patience to wait for that plan. I ask that You take away my hurts, but also realize You must have some purpose for them if they are sticking around. Your wisdom is more than I can imagine. You hold the universe together. You care about me. I trust You. I don't understand Your ways. But I trust You.

No comments: