Thursday, March 15, 2007

SW Confession

There's something that I want to do. This year is the 30th anniversary of Star Wars and they are having Star Wars Celebration IV in Las Angeles on May 24-28. I want to go so bad! It will be Star Wars geek heaven! They are going to have a marathon showing of all 6 movies - one right after the other. It's like 17 hours of movies, including intermissions. Doesn't it sound divine? But I can't do it alone. It's not something I think Elyssa should go to. No one else is as big a nerd as me. And I can't afford it. Darn.

Also (and I emailed a lot of you this breath-taking news) the US Post Office is getting into the SW spirit. You know the blue mailboxes out on the street? A lot of them are going to be turned into R2D2 mailboxes! They have a teaser commercial where C3PO is watching Leia (but you only see the droids) put the disk into R2. Except they changed the disk into a letter. I want one for my house. Wouldn't that be awesome! I wonder if they'll be for sale? Smaller versions maybe?

One more confession? I wonder how many of you will be smart enough to find this? I'm scared to date. I just want to get married. I don't want to date. A friend told me that God's not going to drop a man at the alter. Is that true? I was thinking I'd just start hanging out after church at the alter and see what happens. Should I re-think my plan?

5 comments:

Amy said...

You make me smile. :o)

Did you get the email I sent you about the SW exhibit at the museum here locally? Do you want tickets? I can get them earlier and cheaper because I'm a member.

As for your husband hunting ideas....whatever works, girlfriend. If you think hanging out at the alter will work, go for it - if you think that is where you will be in the center of God's will for you.

I started writing a book a couple of years ago. I believe I said something in the intro about wanting God to have a neon sign with a blinking arrow pointing him out that said, "The One." I'm still looking for that sign. ;o)

Erin said...

I really can't hide anything! Maybe you're the only one who sees beyond. . . .

I like the sign idea! Maybe I'll add that to mine.

Anonymous said...

Hey...I found your "secret" message. I wish it was that easy too ;o)

Erin said...

You found - - - or Amy told you?

You'll come to find that I'm way too transparent. I can't hide anything.

:-)

Carlotta said...

The big black gap at the bottom tips it off a little bit...
;o)